Motor Vehicle Accidents

MV Injury

A motor vehicle injury (“MV Injury”) may include an injury suffered while in a car, truck, on a boat, on a motorcycle or on a bike or bicycle. Today, many bike’s are motorized. see this article. Also, a MV Injury may occur while you are a pedestrian. Traveling in or any of these vehicles or transversing road ways may put you at risk of being injured. As accident attorneys and lawyers, we are ready to assist you with making an insurance claim or filing a civil court case regarding your injury or property damage, which may include damage to your car, motorcycle, truck, bicycle or to yourself as a pedestrian.

In the very near future, a MV injury may be the result of an errant drone, self-driving cars, or cars with super cruise or autopilot.

Your MV injury may be the result of a tractor trailer, 18-wheeler, bus, other automobile, truck or vehicle, boat, or jet ski that comes into contact with your motorized vehicle. You may suffer internal injuries, broken bones, head injuries, such as concussions, or lacerations, bruising, or muscle strain. These injuries may be injuries that will heal, but sometimes they may be permanent. Also, you may suffer out-of-pocket or other costs or damages, as a result of the incident, such as co-pays, medical bills or costs, travel costs, rental car fees, car repairs or replacement costs, diminution in value, loss of consortium, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety or some other physical, emotional or financial injury.

If you are in a MV accident, here are the FOSTER LAW TOP TEN LIST of WORDS to consider to assist you in getting the medical treatment you need and preserve evidence necessary for your claim:

  • (1) ASSESS the situation post-accident - Am I injured? Is anyone else injured? Can I get to a position of safety?
  • (2) CALL for help - depending on the severity of your injury, you may need to call or have someone call 9-1-1, so that you may be transported by Ambulance.
  • (3) REACH OUT to family and friends - let them know what happened, so that they may assist you.
  • (4) INSURANCE - notify your insurance company that there was an accident.
  • (5) OFFICER at the scene - will be dispatched after 9-1-1 is called and they will create an accident report.
  • (6) RECORD (PHOTOGRAPH OR VIDEO) - the scene and accident, if you are not transported by ambulance.
  • (7) RECALL - anything that the driver that hit you says to you or the officer - you are looking for an admission of fault.
  • (8) FOSTER - call, text or email us - let us know about the accident, and we will begin a formal legal investigation to preserve evidence and speak with witnesses to bring a legal claim on your behalf.
  • (9) CONTINUE - your post-accident medical treatment until your injuries have been fully treated.
  • (10) SAVE - receipts, bills and notes about any out-of-pocket costs or damages.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

Please give some information about you and your case, and we will evaluate the information you provide and also, give you a call to discuss within 24 hours after you have submitted your information to us.

Scroll Up